Sunday, August 14, 2011

We're alive...

We're alive and well at my brother's house in Pittsburgh. It's hard to write from here since I have nephews and neices demanding my time very aggressively... lots of fun, really. Since my last post, we drove to Pennsylvania from North Carolina, spending a night in W. Va. and another in Ohiopyle, Pa, one of our favorite spots... rambling Youghighenny River, deep forests, Allegheny Mts. and wild fungi everywhere. Then we visited my old friends Don and Ellen in Butler, Pa. for a night.. we drove on dirt roads to get produce from Amish stands way back in the off-road area... fascinating. And now, da "Burgh (which, for those of you unfortunate enough not to hail from the center of the universe here,) is Pittsburghese for Pittsburgh.

I'd like to share more details... may have to wait until we are home on Wednesday. Kids like me! I'll get some pix up soon too. I may do some from here if I get a chance.

No comments: