Monday, July 25, 2011

Vermont

We're really enjoying it here. A lovely state... continual mountains as thick as trees in a forest, brown rocky rivers everywhere, few cars on the freeway. Brattleboro is a sweet town, hilly, by the Connecticut River, very literate. Lovely brick houses... humble but creative. Book stores are astonishing here. We are right actoss the Connecticut river from New Hampshire. We'd like to visit Keene, where I went to school for two years... but there seems to be no bus service unless you want to pay for an expensive bus ticket...

We will be here until Wednesday AM, then head south to Baltimore vs. bus and train. I'll post more tomorrow night... take it easy all, more details soon. Pix will come.

1 comment:

rhonda said...

Paul and Kate - wow! I finally got to connect and Vermont! I always pictured the Green Mt. State just as you described. Maple and the fall colors. Now I will have to visit before fall too. This is such a nice way to end the day...peace and beauty. Have a great visit and will keep reading. (I am going to read the first part of your trip too!) Peace! R