Wednesday, January 14, 2009

still in Kyoto

Sorry about misspellings in yesterdays post. I was half asleepwhen I wrote it and cannot edit it from this computer - I will keep trying. Also, I cannot find an apostrophe key - that is why I am not using contractions.

Yesterday, Dan Marlin showed us around Kyoto. We visited a huge temple and the home of an artist who strove to revive traditional Japanese art 50 years ago. We also walked along a river where there are many birds that I know from California -canvass back ducks and others.
Many ducks spend summers in the Arctic; when summer ď˝’comes some migrate across to either Asia or North America via the Berring Straight. Birds are pretty amazing. We also had a fine veggie dinner with Dan and his wife Toshiko; for those of you who know them, both seem fine.
Dan is about to arrive and show us the Kyoto Peace Museum, which should be really interesting.

Kyoto is a slower city than Tokyo but still with plenty of things to see and do. The analogy I came up with is that it is Pittsburgh to Tokyos New York. It is also pretty hilly, shich makes it resemble Pittsburgh.

I think Dan just arrived, more later.

No comments: